The Parish of Killoran lies in the centre of County Sligo on the southern side of the Ox mountains. The village of Collaney is the largest centre of population in the parish. The Church of Ireland Church is at Rathbarron about one mile from Collaney. The present church at Ratharron was completed in 1770 and was a replacement for the original chuch at Killoran. The ruins of the old church and graveyard can still be seen at Killoran. There are 42 households in the parish with a church population of 93. There is a Sunday School, G.F.S., and Boys’ Brigade in the parish.